Thursday, August 30, 2012

due date

Guess who's due date it was today? Go ahead . . . it's not a trick question.

Ding! Ding! Ding! You guessed right!



I can't believe that Carter is 6 weeks old today! I also can't believe that he is just now supposed to be coming into this world! I feel like he's already done so much living.

He still has some "preemie" hurdles to jump over, but we know he'll do it. He's still on a heart rate monitor, and he still has some apnea and low heart rate alarms, but they are getting fewer and farther between. He is also getting bigger. He's gained over a pound since delivery and is starting to grow out of his newborn sleepers already. I am happy to report that his second chin and cheeks are filling in nicely. He also had his first blow-out diaper today . . . which was fun.



In other news - Ella is becoming quite the little "mother". I always knew she would be a great helper with Carter, but honestly, if it weren't for the nursing aspect, I don't think I would be needed around here!



We're having a good time watching you grow, Carter! Keep up the good work.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)