Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Peanuts

As you know, having a baby boy in the house is new for us.  We are used to girls . . .

Example:

Claire was "helping" me change Carter's diaper. In the middle of the job, she asks, "Mommy, what's that?"
     "That's his penis." I responded. "All boys have one of those. That's what they pee out of."
     "Oh, he's got a peanuts" she stated in a no nonsense type of voice. Then she pointed at his belly button, "mom, is that his peanuts, too?" . . . okay, we have a lot to learn around here :)

This past weekend, we were really excited to have my mom, my brother John and his wife Beth come and visit us.  It's all kind of a blur to me since I was super tired the entire time, but I do remember how nice it felt to have family close by.



We keep taking it day by day around here. We have our ups and our downs, but all in all we are so happy and are trying to focus on everything that is important (spending time with the girls and cuddling with Carter, and napping when possible) and not worrying about the things that don't (cleaning, picking up, or doing laundry . . . . which is tough when Carter pees on everything).

Soon I will be attempting to take Carter's newborn photos.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)