Saturday, August 25, 2012

yes, I have other children

As I look back on my latest blog posts, I noticed I have hardly mentioned my other children in the past month! Shame on me. I assure you I am not neglecting them at home ( . . . much). Here is the haps with the Adolphson girls:


Jocie - is about to be an 8th grader . . . AN 8TH GRADER! Oh my lord, I have an 8th grader!! (okay - freak out, over) A few weeks ago, she took off with my Mom, Denny, Ali and Daysha and headed to Big Sky, Montana for my cousin's wedding.  I tried to guilt her into staying at home (i.e. "I am really going to miss you honey.  I mean, I have been away for 6 weeks, and am finally home, but I totally understand why you want to go . . . I guess".  Again, shame on me), but she stayed strong and went anyway. Yes, I did miss her, but she had a blast (other than getting sick) and made the right decision to go. She had worked so hard at home helping her grandparents with her little sisters while we were away, so she totally deserved a vacation! We recently went school clothes shopping, and even though she won't admit it to many, she is looking forward to school starting up again.

 
 
Side note - school shopping with an almost 8th grader is SUPER expensive . . . trumped Ella's session by three-fold. Yikes.

Ella - is about to be a 2nd grader. She and I also went school clothes shopping, and is looking forward to school starting as well, but all of that doesn't hold a candle to her brother. She is in L.O.V.E. with Carter and she wants to do everything for him.  She is by my side at all times of the day . . . every diaper change, every feeding, every bath time, every time I rock him, every time he cries, Ella is there all. the. time.  I have said it before and I will say it again, she is an awesome big sister!


Claire - is the newest big sister.  Carl and I love the way she talks to Carter. She always says the same thing, "Hey, Bubba! Hi! Hi Bubba! Heeeyyy! (in a very creepy voice . . . we think she is trying to sound like Ella . . .) She finally has come around, and likes her little brother :) She also likes changing clothes . . . at least 8 times a day. She's turning into quite the fashionesta. Oh joy.

 
 
 

Carter - already has a nick name - Bubba. I am not sure why I call him this, but I have since the first time I met him.  Maybe it's foreshadowing and he's going to be a very big country boy? Who knows, but for right now, he's "Bubba" to us.


Carl - is SUPER busy with football and the start of teacher workshops.  He thankfully has been home by 7:00 p.m. for the past two weeks, but that is all about to change next week when he starts games . . . then two nights a week we won't see him until after 10:30 p.m. It's good that the good district of STMA pays him the big bucks for all he does . . . oh wait, he's only paid a fraction of what he's worth! Oh well. I guess we did take a vow of poverty when we decided to work in education!


Me - I feel like I am super busy all the time, but honestly, I am just spinning my tires.  I nursing most of the day and night (really . . . there is an eternal butt print in the chair that I nurse him in), and then other than that, I feel like if I am eating, I should be cleaning. If I am cleaning, I should be napping. If I am napping, I should be finishing my thank you's. If I am writing thank you's, I should be blogging. If I am blogging, then I should be eating . . . and on and on it goes.  Thankfully my dad and step mom Barb have been here to help with all the cooking, cleaning and child rearing.  THANKS GUYS!!

I can't believe school is just around the corner! Thankfully I won't be back for a while, but when the older kids head back, there will be a new schedule to adjust to . . . we shall see how that goes :)


No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)