Monday, May 2, 2011

the event

After all the planning, the cleaning, the crafting, and the shopping - the day had finally arrived! I had gotten a pretty good jump on the day, because I had been keeping up with all the little details, but for some reason, I was still really busy getting everything in order before the party started.

When I woke up to pouring down rain, I felt the "oh, $hit" feeling roll over me. I had heard all week that it was supposed to be "stormy" all weekend, but I had been hoping like hell the weather man was wrong. I was elated when the rain stopped, and the clouds began to part about two hours before the event. We were so happy to hear that almost everyone could come to celebrate with us, however, many of the party-comers were kids . . . and almost all of the kids were "high-spirited" . . . and I didn't quite know what all of these lovey high-spirited children were going to do in my too-small (clean) house! It was still pretty windy outside and quite cold for the end of April (shocker), but it wasn't raining, so mama was happy!!


The day was filled with visiting, laughing, drinking, grilling, and eating for the adults - and playing, laughing, running, eating, and more PLAYING for the kids. There were a few times when I actually stopped and looked around at the friends and family who had come to celebrate my two littlest girls, and I felt very blessed. We are so lucky to have such wonderful family and friends to surround us in these happy times.

Here are a few snap shots of the celebration:




Photobucket







the main party room . . . or the garage :)
Photobucket



the centerpieces . . . made out of soup cans :)

Photobucket







the cupcake tower

Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



make a wish!
Photobucket



mmmmmm . . . the cupcakes!
Photobucket



Can you imagine Ella's excitment when Grandma and Grandpa walked into the living room with a famous red bag . . .
Photobucket
Meet Elizabeth (she shares a name with a special Auntie). She is the newest "girl" (I mistakingly called her a "baby" and I was corrected!) in our house.

A big Thanks goes out to everyone who came to the party! And an even bigger THANKS goes out to those few friends/family who worked their little tails off to make this party run smoothly!! I couldn't have done it without you :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)