Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mini-Van Confessions

I have decided to start something new. It will be a series of posts that I will title "Mini-Van Confessions". I am sure most of you have seen "Taxi-Cab Confessions" . . . I promise the stories I share won't be as scandalous as the late-night series on HBO. I try to keep this blog as PG as possible, except for when the few-and-far-between "mild profanities" slip out - when the blog is temporarily bumped up to a PG-13 rating.



These "mom" confessions will be things that I simply need to get off my chest, and hopefully something that other moms can relate to . . .





I confess:





that I do not like Soccer . . . in fact, I may just hate it! Why on God's green earth did I ever think that signing up my 5-year-old for an organized sport was ever really necessary? I teach this age kids every day, and know their "capabilities". I honestly and truly believe that organized sports at this level is a waste of time, energy and money! Why, oh why, did I make this mistake?!




Photobucket




Photobucket




Sure, Ella looks adorable in her little Soccer uniform, complete with shin guards. It's cute to watch her practice . . . for about 10 minutes. Then I am over it. For the next 50 minutes, I sit there and wonder what the hell we are doing there. The kids are trying really hard to do a skill that is too hard for them at their age. They are also jam-packed on a very small field . . . so when you put a bunch a kids who have no ball control on a too-small field, all they can do is kick it twice, and then it goes outside the boundary every. single. time. Plus, since it is a Spring and Fall league, it's usually freezing cold, which makes it that much better.

Photobucket (Claire thinks it's hard to be a spectator, too)



Then there is always the mom-who-makes-you-want-to-puke sitting right next to me who is lovingly cheering her daughter on, just gushing on how cute everything is. Please. She must drink her dinner. At least that's what I tell myself to make me feel better.




Photobucket






But I will do what any mother would do. Put on a smiley face and give Ella an enthusiastic thumbs-up every time she looks over at me. At least Ella is enjoying herself!

Photobucket



Oh, and did I mention? Their games are at 9:00 am on Saturday mornings. The ONE day I don't have to set my alarm . . . . frinkin' soccer.


I do own a mini van. I'm in my 30's. I have 3 kids. But a Soccer Mom, I am not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are far better than the mom cheering her kid on, gushing how cute they are and giving big cheesy grins. You are the mom on the damn soccer field snapping PICTURES of your child's soccer PRACTICE!....you win. P.S. Love the girl grabbing her butt in one of the final photos.

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)