Friday, May 6, 2011

six

My Ella,

Your age no longer fits on one hand. How did this happen? How do I push the slow-mo button on your fast and furious growing? Reality is, I can't. So I have to try keep up with it the best I can!

You have had quite a year - starting your school journey, first year of soccer and gaining so many new friends. This really has been a year to remember. I can't tell you how proud I am of the way you carry yourself in school. I get almost daily comments on "how great Ella is"! I would like to share what your teacher wrote on your report card:




"Ella is cooperative, respectful, empathetic and has great self control. Practice being self-assertive when necessary, Ella (she has no trouble with this at home!). You are growing into a wonderful student and friend to others.



(these comments are what REALLY matter to your dad and I . . . way more than your grades!)






Ella, I love the way you still call me "mama", I love the way your hair swings from side to side when you walk, I love how excited you get when you learn something new, I love how you think the "S" word stands for "stupid", I love what a good big sister you are, I love how you love to follow school rules, I love that you're a middle sister - just like me, I love the way you sing to yourself when you are trying to fall asleep, and I love how hard you try at everything.


A look at Ella through the years:


Photobucket
the first few hours of life



Photobucket



Photobucket
enjoying cake on her 1st birthday






Photobucket



2nd brithday party






Photobucket



posing for an "Easter" shot at Nanny's house






Photobucket


Happy 6th Birthday, Ella May! We hope you have a terrific "golden" birthday!! We love you more than words!

1 comment:

Jenine said...

Happy Birthday Ella! Your mom is right, you are an amazing girl whose kindness and friendship is felt whole heartedly by us! Mette is so very lucky to have such a wonderful best friend! Hope your day was amamzing...golden birthday and panther pride award at school on the same day! WOW! We love you!

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)