Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mini Van Confessions

My first confession felt so good, that I have another one for you . . .


I confess:


That I don't like Barbies (I know both my sister-in-laws are gasping in disbelief . . . they "used" to be obsessed).






Photobucket




I don't know what's wrong with me. I have three daughters! I should look at Barbie as the 6th member of our family. But honestly, I never really played with Barbies as a kid either. Come to think of it, neither of my two sisters did either . . . I suppose that could be part of it.


I know I don't like Barbie, but Ella went through a big Barbie stage the summer Claire was born. So we had this routine every day when Claire would go down for her morning nap, Ella and I would go into her room and play Barbies. Did I mention that she has a BEAUTIFUL hand-made Barbie house which was lovingly built by her Grandpa Dwaine?! I would pour a very large cup of coffee and head into her room, knowing that I would have to pretend to like playing Barbies. I must have been a pretty convincing faker, because she would continue to ask me every day. All mothers have to make sacrifices, right?


I hate to go all feminist on you, but I think Barbie might be sending the wrong message to our daughters. What veterinarian do you know that looks like this . . .


Photobucket


Or what teacher do you know who looks like this . . .







Photobucket





Or Priest who looks like this???






Photobucket




Okay, maybe it's not that I think Barbie is morally wrong . . . I just don't like her. But, I am sure Claire will go through her Barbie stage, too. When that happens, you will find me with a very large coffee and a fake smile sitting next to that big beautiful Barbie House.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)