Sunday, May 8, 2011

mother dearest(s)

Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas out there! But I would like to take this opportunity to send a shout-out to . . . the two most important mothers I can think of . . . my mom, Nancy and Carl's mom, Judy.

Mom - How do I love, the? Let me count the ways

1. I love how you have taught me to be a mother
2. I love how you still take care of me when you come to visit
3. I love our coffee chats (even though they are few and far between lately)
4. I love how you have taught me not to take life too seriously
5. I love the way my girls look at you . . . always with big smiles on their faces, ready to laugh and have fun!
6. I love(d) your huge "Sally-Jessie"-red-rimmed glasses . . . they MUST make a come back!
7. I love how you used to drop me off at school wearing your (hideous) bright blue bath robe - and then make sure to honk and wave or roll the window down and yell something embarrassing - I may not have liked it back in the day, but I love the memory of it now!
8. I love how you hit the high-note (opera style) at the end of "Happy Birthday"
9. I love how you make anything and everything "pretty"
10. Most of all, I love the way you love me.

Judy - How do we love, the? Let us count the ways:

1. We love how we can count on you for everything
2. We love how well you know each of the girls
3. We love your cooking . . . Carl's favorite's . . . your "red" hotdish and you "orange salad with the ham in it"
4. We love how you get down on the floor and play with the girls every chance you get
5. We love how you love to cook HUGE meals for us when we come to Argyle
6. The girls love your gifts . . . always WAY too much! :)
7. We love your laugh
8. I love how well you "get" Carl
9. We love how you have rocked and sung to all of our babies
10. Most of all, we love the way you are always taking care of us!

We love you mommies, and hope you have a fantastic day!!

1 comment:

Nancy Blackmun said...

Thanks for the nice tribute Honey! Now if I can only live up to it! Love, MOM

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)