Monday, June 6, 2011

starting to set in

With such a cool and rainy start to the Spring season, the thought of summer was really not set in my mind. But I am happy to announce that the feeling of Summer has arrived!

Yesterday felt very summer-y. It was 85 degrees and sunny. The girls were in their swimsuits all day long. They also got to play on the slip and slide and we even drug out and filled up the "ghetto pools". We had a impromptu (and very random) picnic lunch in the back yard. I cracked my first summer novel and finished the first 100 pages. Claire wasn't the only one who took an afternoon nap (ahhhhhh, felt so good). Claire and I went for a walk AND a bike ride around the lake, and the girls' bedtime were at least 1 hour after their regular school night bedtime.

All I gotta say . . . it feels good!

I was too lazy to take a lot of pictures yesterday, but here are just a few.

Photobucket






Photobucket




Photobucket


Happy Summer, everyone! May a deck, hamburger off the grill and a cool beverage find you all very soon!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)