Thursday, June 23, 2011

right of passage

This morning, we made our way up to St. Could to get something done that the two older girls have been bugging me about since summer started. I have been waiting and wondering when the subject of "ear piercing" would come up, and one random morning, Ella said right of the blue, "mom, I want to get my ears pierced today". She had never mentioned it before, and all of a sudden, she NEEDED to get it done.

I told her it wasn't a decision that you make hastily. I was a decision she had to live with the rest of her life (okay . . . maybe a little dramatic, but I wanted her to know that it was a big deal, and not to take it lightly). I also made her save up some money, because I knew that would delay the act a little further. However, she told Grandpa Adolphson that she needed some money for her her ear piercing fund, and all of a sudden, she had the exact amount of money she needed . . . funny how that works out :) As soon as Jocie found out Ella wanted her ears pierced, she quickly jumped on the piercing bandwagon.

So, with excited energy and just a few tummy butterflies, the girls picked out their earrings and sat, ready for their girly right of passage.






Photobucket





Just before . . .






Photobucket





after!


Photobucket


Photobucket









right before . . .
Photobucket


Photobucket


(that's not a needle, she is just marking her ear with a little ink)





after!
Photobucket



Photobucket




we liked the earings so much, we decided to get Claire's done too . . .
Photobucket




JUST KIDDING!!!! (that's a digital sticker, I promise!)


Both girls did awesome! And they both said that it didn't hurt too bad :) Now they both have their ears ready for some cute earrings for Aunt Dana's wedding this Fall!








2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait until they come home wanting their belly buttons pierced.....Ella will probably want it done before Jocie...:) Can I be around for Carl's reaction?!

Nancy Blackmun said...

I just want to know how you talked Carl into agreeing to let his girls get those cute little ears pierced in the first place...must have caught him in a weakened moment! Love, Mom

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)