Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daddy Day

What can I say about "dads" that hasen't already been said? They are strong leaders, hard workers, but also have a gentle side that comes out most when they are around their daughters.

I (and my girls) are so blessed to have such fabulous father figures to look up to. You may have already picked up on this in my past posts, but I am a self-proclaimed "daddy's-girl". In my eyes, my dad can do no wrong . . . he has been coined "St. Mike" by more than one family member (dad, did you know that?).

Of course, nobody can be perfect, but I think in the dad category, all three dads in our lives are as close to "perfect" as you can possibly get! Here are just a few things I adore about "our dads":

Dad:





Photobucket





~ I love how you let me come to your hockey practices and hang out in the players box . . . and I also loved the attention I would get from your players :)
~ I love how your such a "guys-guy" who loves Hockey, Football and Baseball, but is also a Domestic Divo (the male version of a Diva) who makes kick-ass french toast, cleans bathrooms, and can wash, mend and fold laundry like nobodies business
~ I love that I inherited your legs . . . just kidding :)
~ I love that you used to bike Ali and I to the Dairy Queen on MANY summer nights when we lived in Crookston
~ I love the way you get up extra early when you stay with us so you can go out and get doughnuts for the girls before they wake up. (It reminds me how Grandpa Roy used to take me to Charlie's Bakery so I could pick out my own long-john)
~ I love the way that you still call me "Annabelle" just like you did when I was a little girl


Dwaine:




Photobucket



~ We love the way you spoil our girls . . . not just with gifts but also with your attention
~ We love how you give the girls such unique experiences with horseback riding, sleigh rides and trips out to the farm
~ I love how you are not only a great father to Carl, but you are also a great friend
~ I love watching you and Carl battle for the rights to the thermostat
~ We love how you can talk to anyone . . . at any time . . . about anything! It's such a great quality to have
~ I love when our girls see anything with John Deere on it, they think of you

Carl:

anne adolphson photos

~ I love what a hard worker you are
~ I love how you play with our girls, whether it be with babies or baseballs
~ When people hear that you have three daughters, they always look like they feel sorry for you, but I love the way you tell them, "I prefer girls, I don't even know what I would do with a boy"
~ I love that you coach Jocie's basketball team, and probably will continue that tradition with the two little girls
~ I love how the girls run to the door and yell "Daddy's Home" when they hear the garage door go up
~ I love that you only want THE BEST for your girls


Happy Father's day to you all . . . you deserve only the best!!

1 comment:

Jenine said...

Happy Fathers Day to Carl....and can I just say that little Claire Bear looks a little like her daddy!! Holy Cow!!! :-)

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)