Tuesday, June 7, 2011

speed bump

On the happy road to summertime fun, we have hit our first speed bump. I have had a nagging cough that developed a couple of weeks ago. I probably would have gone to the doctor a lot sooner, but with all the business of May and my beaten down "sick bank" at work, I pushed it off . . . it's just a cough, I thought. Probably just another thing that my new-found allergies are making me put up with.





A couple of days ago, I went on a walk/jog with Claire. I knew it had been awhile since my last jog, but holy crap, I thought it was going to die! I was hacking, my chest was heaving, and my lungs felt as if they were on fire. It actually made me mad! How could I have gone so long without a run . . . how could I have let myself be this out of shape!?





The last couple of days, I have been very tired and have needed to lay down when Claire took her nap. I had also been having coughing fits, and my ribs ached pretty badly. I was reluctant to go into the doctor because I thought she would just tell me that "I had a cough", and send me on my way. But, I bit the bullet and made myself an appointment . . . and it turns out that I have pneumonia. Yep. In June. After dodging all of the rest of the sickness in my house throughout this past Spring, it finally caught up with me.





Yuck. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about putting in for another sick day, making a lesson plan, or setting my alarm clock. I also won't have to worry about ruining a weekend being sick and having to return back the following week. It's nice to know that when I start to feel better, I will still have my summer vacation waiting for me :)

1 comment:

Nancy Blackmun said...

I'm glad I talked to you on the phone and told you to GO TO THE DOCTOR! I thought maybe it was pneumonia when you said how badly your rib cage hurt . . . hope you're feeling better ... take a nap every day and take care of yourself, honey! Love, Mom

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)