Saturday, April 2, 2011

sweet and sour

Picture this: I walk into Claire's dark bedroom early in the morning. Her shades are still drawn and her lids are still closed. As usual, I click on her soft lamp and whisper, "Good Morning, Claire". She begins to stir but is still not ready to greet the day. So I open her closet and start pulling cute little clothes for her to wear. Along with the chosen outfit, I grab a pair of socks, a diaper ,and a wipe and place them on the floor where I will be changing her. By this time, Claire has arose enough to start whimpering for me to pick her up.

Photobucket

As I walk towards her, I smile at her rosy cheecks and bed-head, and wonder how long she'll be little enough to keep sleeping in her crib. She's getting so big, and I feel a little sad about it. Photobucket I pull her to me for a nice warm cuddle. "What a sweetheart" I think to myself. We cuddle for a few more minutes until I realize that if we don't get moving, I will be late for school. I lay her down and start to take her jammies off. While I change her diaper, I grab her little heels and gently pull her feet up so I can swipe out the old diaper and exchange it with a fresh one. As her bum is at the peak of height . . . she FARTS . . . loud and long . . . and then laughs hysterically. I too, die laughing and wonder, "Did she wait for that particular moment to rip one, or was it just a coincidence?" Before I ask her to "say excuse me", I decide that if she can time out a fart at the age of 23 months, then she is a comedic genius. Photobucket That's my girl! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's Time For: "Pull My Finger..."

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)