Wednesday, April 13, 2011

two, part two

Much of April 12th was just like any other day. We got up, went to daycare, school and work, came home, went to Ella's soccer practice (first of the season), then went to bed at our usual school-night time. However, April 12th isn't just any other day. It's Claire's special day. So because of this, we tried to stir in as many "birthday extras" as we could.

Birthday Extra #1 - the girls had cake doughnuts with chocolate icing and multi-colored sprinkles for breakfast (Thanks, Grandpa Dwaine). The birthday girl ate almost two herself - - if you count just eating the tops of them :)

Birthday Extra #2 - Claire got to bring ice-cream-cone themed cupcakes to daycare to share with her friends, and also got a birthday present from Missy

Birthday Extra #3 - We got to eat dinner picnic-style at Ella's soccer practice.

Birthday Extra #4 - We celebrated with cake and ice cream before Claire opened some birthday presents. After browsing through the bakery isle at our local grocery store and checking out the price of a small birthday cake, I decided to make one instead. I knew it wouldn't be from scratch, and I knew it would not look professional, but I also knew that Claire would like it just the same. So behold, my first 8 inch round layered birthday cake!


Photobucket Photobucket I know it's not Cake Boss worthy, but it was challenging for me :)
Make a wish


Photobucket


Photobucket
Tried to use a fork like a big girl . . . Photobucket
. . . but then she gave in. Claire was excited to open presents from us and also from Uncle John (whom Claire calls "Donny") and Auntie Beth. This present was sent all the way from Seattle! Photobucket Even though there wasn't balloons, decorations, party hats or extended family (which there will be in a few weeks when we celebrate both Claire and Ella's birthdays together), there was a celebration of Claire, which is really all that matters in my book.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw! She is so flippin' CUTE! I'm glad she got to open her present on her birthday... of course I picked out the "child anatomy book" for her. haha!

Nancy Blackmun said...

Hey, I want to see the "childAnatomy book" when I get to Big Lake that Claire got from "Donny" and Bethie! Also, inparticular, I MUST have a copy of the picture of Claire blowing out the two candles . . . priceless! Love, MOM

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Claire!....You little adorable cutie pie!!

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)