Thursday, April 21, 2011

keepin' it real

I have been told by a few people that my blog seems to be a little on the "shiny-happy" side where all I talk about is puppy dogs and ice cream. I have to admit, this is somewhat true. I usually try to highlight the stuff that I love about our family. I write about the stuff that I want to look back on and remember. I try not to complain about which kid is driving me nuts that day or the overwhelming yet very mundane routine which plays in our house every day. But today, I'm gonna keep it real . . . life is hard right now. Our schedule seems crazy and our illnesses are getting out of hand.

Claire is sick yet again. Two weeks ago she had a raging case of the D-word. I should have bought stock in Pampers before then, because I am sure we boosted their quarterly profit (poor thing). Her sickness dragged on for 4 days. Then it was Ella's turn with the stomach flu, which worked it's way out of both ends of her body. It was another sad (and gross) 4 days at our house. Then on Tuesday night, Claire threw up . . . a lot . . . and continued to do so all night. Yesterday was more of the same, but the poor thing had nothing left in her . . . yet her stomach kept wanting to get everything and anything out. Her little body is so empty and so exhausted that she can't stay awake for longer than one hour at a time (Carl took her in and the Dr. did some blood work, and they believe it is a virus). So we are going to try to keep pushing the fluids and pray they stay down.

I on the other hand, am suffering from the high pollen counts around here. I have never been able to decide if I have allergies or if I just always get a "cold" around the same time. But this year, there is no doubt about it. I have allergies, and they SUCK. I have bad headaches, feel super tired, hacking cough, ear pain/pressure, sinus pain/pressure, not to mention my gross nose issues. I am bowing my nose constantly. So if you see me with a boog hangin' please let me know so I can take care of it. Oh, and my voice sounds like Berry White's . . . just a lot less sexy. So if you call me and you think Carl answered the phone, think again. It's me.

Yes folks, we are in a bad way. Hopefully with the long weekend coming up, we will be able to slow life down and get some healing going on! We are very sad that we are unable to go up to Argyle to celebrate Easter, but I think laying low for the weekend is exactly what the doctor would order.

Thanks for listening to me complain. I promise I will get back to my "fairies and glitter" stories soon :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)