Saturday, April 16, 2011

these are a few of my favorite things . . .

Not to go all "Sound of Music" on you, but I wanted to dedicate this post to a few of my favorite things, which will also give you a look into our near future.


1. Spring is here! - Even though it's not my favorite season (mainly due to the brown grass, bare trees and chilly winds), I do LOVE when the snow finally melts, and the sun actually feels warm on your face. It's awesome to be able to visit our play area in the back yard again!


2. Themed birthday parities - Yes, I know I am a loser, but I love when parties have a theme. Is it more work? Yes. Is it more expensive? Yes. But I think it's worth it! My girls will only turn 6 and 2 once, and why not celebrate it in a cute way!? This year, We have decided to have a joint birthday party for Ella and Claire (who's birthdays are three weeks apart). Last year we had separate parties, and it was hard for our family members to get here for both (the closest family members are at least 45 minutes away, and all the grandparents are 4 and 5 hours away). This years theme is: April Showers bring May Flowers


3. Old downtown buildings - It's no surprise that I love downtown areas. Especially when they are full of brick buildings complete with big glass windows and adorable painted doorways (added bonus - - many of these building now house coffee shops and boutiques . . . more of my favorites)


4. Little girls in rain boots -

Photobucket
enough said.


5. Outdoor Photo Shoots - Taking pictures of children and families is a lot more challenging when we have to try to keep them in front of a backdrop. This warm weather will allow us to get outside again! Oh, the places we can go! Hurry up full trees and green grass! We need you :) Because of the brown situation we have going on outside at the moment, guess where I went to take some birthday photos of the two little girls? (refer to #3)

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(this one makes me a little nervous . . . she looks stunningly beautiful . . . and older than 12!)

Photobucket
(I loved the sun-set-light in this pic)

Happy Spring Everybody!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)