Thursday, March 31, 2011

an extended weekend with my extended family

Due to my Grandma Flo's passing, I was able to spend 5 whole days with my extended family. True, we were coming together for a very hard and sad event. We were coming together to morn and grieve a life that meant so very much to us all. However, we were also there to console and comfort one another with great memories and stories of some great family times of the past. And in true Youngern (my mother's maiden name) style, we had a fabulous time just hanging out together.

We made sure to make time for:
1. Extended coffee parties
2. Extended cocktail hours
3. Candle-lit dinners
4. Rummy
5. Sharing stories and jokes
6. Laughing at inappropriate things (prayer service, anyone....WHAT? WHAT DID SHE SAY?....) Even in the darkest of times, we Youngerns find a way to have fun together, even in the midst of sadness, chaos and drama. Here are some highlights of the Days for Family:


Photobucket My cousin Katy and I taking our usual photo stance . . . we may have a million pictures that look just like this :) Photobucket Ahhhhhh, coffee at The Urban Stampede. A Grand Forks visit MUST! Photobucket What's in the water bottle, you ask? It is a lactose-intolerant creamer that comes to many Youngern coffee get-togethers (AKA Baileys)

Photobucket Photobucket Mr. Myles John Lundby - - getting so big. Photobucket Katy and her son Elliot "Say cheese, Elliot!!" . . . . . Photobucket

Photobucket


Eddie Hansen Photobucket


One of my favorite parts of the extended weekend was watching/listening to my Grandpa and his cousins. These cousins traveled all the way from South Dakota to be with him. They had such a great time telling old stories and we had a great time listening. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket



I look forward to seeing everyone this August in Montana . . . I am sure the post after that trip will be one of my favorite of the year!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)