Wednesday, March 2, 2011

chappy

I teach over 500 students in my Physical Education classes. You name them, and I probably teach them. I teach the adorable kid, the smelly kid, the miss-matched kid, the bed-head kid, the always-stylish kid (who is always dropped off by always-stylish-mom),the dirty shirt kid, the bad-hair-cut kid, the too-cute-for-words kid, the whiny kid, the big smile kid, the snow-boots-instead-of-tennis-shoes kid . . . like I said, I teach them all. And when I see these kids come to school ill-prepared for class or dressed in something inappropriate, I usually always think, "Where were the parents this morning? Why would they allow their child to act/look like this?" I know it's wrong to judge, but I am fully admitting to it.

There has always been one kind of kid who always made me judge parents in the past . . . chapped kid (AKA lick-a-lot kid). These poor kids would come to school 6 months out of the year with a big, thick, red ring around their little mouths. "Don't these parents buy chap stick?!", I would question. "How can they continue to have their kid look like this day after day before doing something about it! The reminder is right in the middle of their kid's face!", I would scream in my head.

Well, you know what happens to those who judge, don't you?

This.

Photobucket


Yep. That's right. I am the parent of Chapped Kid. Hi, my name is Anne, and my kid has (horribly) chapped lips. We have bought an atrocious amount of chap stick, Vaseline, Carmex, Burt's Bees, amongst other lubes . . . we just can't break the lick-and-chap cycle.

Moral of the story? Listen to Jesus and don't judge.

1 comment:

Jenine said...

OMG....You are that mom...she has so many other talents as well.. The "soon-throw-a-hip-out-dancer", "queen-of-the-stink-eye", "improv-singer/dancer", but my personal favorite "bestfriend-to-Mette"!!! We love her (and you) chapped lips and all!!!

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)