Saturday, December 11, 2010

Really, Santa?!

Dear Santa,

I've got three letters for you . . . WTF?! In an earlier post, I sent a P.S. message asking you (very nicely) to please give Monticello School District a snow day - one with considerable snow, wind and cold temperatures ON A SCHOOL DAY. Well, to what should me wondering eyes see this winter's morn?

1) 6 inches of snow already on the ground with MORE to come (all day and into the evening)
2) wind
3) plummeting temperatures

How did I end up on your naughty list this year? Have I been pestering my kids too much with the camera? I am just trying to capture them on film ( . . . or digital media) while I still can. Is it the wine consumption? Because I could compile a list right now of people who drink WAY more than me. In fact, I haven't opened a new bottle in WEEKS. I don't know . . . I think I have been pretty good.

I don't mean to be harsh, but Snow Days are the best! Not because I don't like my job, because I do, but having a spontaneous day off is so fun. Running out of your bed in the wee hours of the morning, clicking the TV on and turning to Kare 11, watching the ticker at the bottom of the screen with such anticipation, and OMG, if you see your school district - you do a crazy happy dance right there in your living room - quite frankly, it's my Christmas morning.

Please don't let this rant effect my children on Christmas morning. I don't blame you, but I do ask that you coordinate with Mother Nature a little better next time.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)