Thursday, December 30, 2010

mother - - - - - -

Well, Mother Nature has spoiled our plans yet again! We are supposed to be enjoying time in East Grand Forks right now. I would have used our vacation time having long coffee hours with my family, spending time with my grandparents, lunching with friends, spending my Christmas cash at the good 'ol Columbia Mall, figuring out my wardrobe options for our New Years Eve bash . . . but NO! A big storm had to start brewing - one with lots of snow, freezing rain, high winds and frigid temps. This storm started last night and is supposed to go through Friday. But with all that freezing rain and high winds that are supposed to follow on Saturday, our trip back would be torturous and unsafe. So, we decided to pack up the van in a hurry yesterday and head back ( . . . being responsible sucks). Maybe living in Minnesota isn't all it's cracked up to be after all!

If anyone wants to spend New Years Eve with the entire Adolphson Crew (we would also host), please let us know! Our calender is wide open :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow...an open invite out there in the world wide web....you never know who you'll get for new years now!....I wish we could stay back and be with you guys, but already have other plans.

P.S. I am dying for some more Adolphson Christmas photos!

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)