Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ms. Hannigan

Lately, I have been trying to get Ella to pick up after herself. Of course, she does not like this idea of mine. When ever I ask her to pick up, she always whines and says she can't do it, and that I need to help her (AKA - I do it all and she does nothing).


Yesterday, I had it! Her room was a disaster and I told her she could not come out until it was picked up. I even offered some help once she started her new job. 20 minutes went by, 45 minutes went by and she still had not lifted one finger. I proceeded to tell her that she would be in there all night if she didn't start working . . . and then she said it . . . "Mom, you are just like Ms. Hannigan!!". For those of you who have forgotten who Ms. Hannigan is, she is the horrible, hag of an orphanage care-taker that does nothing but drink and yell at girls!



That comment stung a little, but then I got to thinking, sometimes I harbor a little "Ms. Hannigan" in me . . .not gonna lie. When the girls are fighting, whining, hitting, screaming, crying and complaining, sometimes the lyrics of "Little Girls" rolls through my head.
"Little girls
Little girls
Everywhere I turn I can see them
Little girls
Little girls
Night and day I eat, sleep and breathe them
Little cheeks
Little teeth
Everything around me is little
If I wring
Little necks
Surely I will get an acquittal!
Some women are dripping with diamonds
Some women are dripping with pearls
Lucky me!
Lucky me!
Look at what I'm dripping with
Little girls
How I hate
Little shoes
Little socks
And each little bloomer
I'd have cracked Years ago
If it weren't for my
Sense of humor
Some day I'll step on their freckles
Some night I'll straighten their curls
Send a flood
Send the flu
Anything that
You can do
To little girls
Some day I'll land in the nut house
With all the nuts and the squirrels
There I'll stay
Tucked away
Until the prohibition of
Little girls!"
So Maybe tonight I'll make cold mush for dinner and then retire to my bathtub full of Gin!
Hahahahahahahahaha!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AHAHAHA!!!!!......

Kristine said...

I want a bathtub of gin too

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)