Friday, April 2, 2010

E-I-E-I-O

Old Mac-Carl wants a Farm. E-I-E-I-O!
But for now, mowing his lawn will have to do :) Carl is very excited to have a new (purchased from Uncle Merle) John Deere mower, complete with bagger! Just like an old farmer, he watched the weather report this morning, and decided he had to get his work done before the rain came. So he put his thatching attachment on and "cultivated" his beloved crop.


The Thatcher




In Argyle, when you pass anyone in your vehicle, you give a little (what I refer to as) "farmer wave". One simply raises his/her pointer finger off the steering wheel to offer a little "hello". This is one of the things I love about this tight-knit little community; they acknowledge everyone and ignore no one.



Claire got a little ride on the tractor from dad, along with a few tips on how to keep a nice lawn.



Here she is taking the wheel . . .while "applying" pretend princess lip-gloss, just like a big girl :)



When she grows up and is Jocie's age, she'll probably be mowing right along-side her daddy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE all the blog posts!! :) Justin and I got a huge kick out of this post in particular. I love the "farmer's wave!"

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)