Wednesday, July 18, 2012

tick tock

Well kids, the clock is ticking down to the main event. This pregnancy has been full of ups and downs, joys and anxiety. It's been a loooooong road, but at the same time, I can't belive it's going to be over soon.

I gotta tell ya . . . the anticipation is killing me! It's not easy to wait. As most of you know, I am a planner, a to-do list maker and a check-off-the-list-er.  I like to know what's coming and what to expect, and this pregnancy is testing me. I have a vauge idea of what's to come with the delivery and surgery, but they still can't tell me for sure what's going to happen. I have no idea where the baby will go after delivery (NICU at Children's or Special Care nursery at Abbott). I don't know where I will recover from surgery (regular surgical recovery or ICU). I don't know how soon I will be able to see the baby (depends on recovery . . . could be within hours, could take a day or two). It's just so very different from what I am used to when it comes to delivering babies! The unknown is scary.

But, I am very comforted by the idea that the baby and I are in the BEST hospital with the BEST doctors who do these procedures more often.

Thanks to all of you that have been keeping our family in your prayers.  It has helped more than you know :) Next time I blog, I will be a mother of 4!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)