Thursday, July 26, 2012

He's here!

Hello!! I am happy to post the very first photos of my little bundle. Carter Dale Adolphson was born at 4:07pm on July 19th. He tipped the scales at 6 pounds, 8 ounces (BIG for 34 weeks!!) and was 18 3/4 inches long. We are so in love with him it hurts.


Photobucket



Photobucket

We think he has Jocie's chin, Ella's eyes and nose, and Claire's mouth. But, he is 100% Adolphson . . . I think you can agree with me that he looks just like his daddy :)

I would be a liar if I told you that this delivery/surgery wasn't the hardest and most painful thing I have ever had to endure. I feel as though I have literally been through hell and back. But I am happy to say that I feel a little better everyday and am inspired by all of Carter's progresses. He is still in the NICU and will be for a while yet. But he continues to move forward on the road to recovery, and it is so fun to celebrate all of his little improvements.

More to come . . . I am going to go cuddle with my newest love.

1 comment:

Jenine said...

Welcome Carter Dale!!!!! You are one lucky little boy, you have the most wonderful family!! Keep getting stronger each day, soon you will be home and we look forward to meeting you and watching you grow up!!!! Sending you big hugs, prayers, and lots of love from all of the Severson family!!! P.S. Jerry has already given you a nick name..... Carls Jr. :)

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)