Saturday, July 7, 2012

little update

Well, I am into my third day at the hospital and all continues to go well. I am happy to say that both Carl and I slept much better last night, which felt really nice.

We had another Biophysical Profile done last night, and the baby scored all of his points again, which was fun to see.  I will continue to get those done twice a week up until delivery.  Next week, I will have an ultrasound where they will be strictly measuring the baby to see if they can estimate how big he is now, and how big he might be at delivery. We are hoping he will be somewhere in between 4 and 5 pounds. Baby boys in my family run on the big side (my brother was almost 10 pounds), so I hope he has the "big boy" gene in him :)

I got my MRI results back.  They can't tell me for sure, but they did say that my placenta is defiantly all the way through my uterus and there are signs that it has invaded my bladder.  It wasn't what I wanted to hear, but it sounds like there is still hope that it's hasn't gotten that far.  On a positive note, the doctor told me that the placenta grows rapidly until about 32 weeks and then slows down, which was nice to hear. So if you are looking for something specific to pray about, please pray that my placenta leaves my bladder alone!

Hospital living hasn't been too bad yet.  Carl has gotten out for a little while everyday to go on big bike rides around Minneapolis. I have been reading a lot, surfing my favorite websites and browsing through magazines.  Last night, Carl and I both smushed into my hospital bed and watched a movie before bedtime :) But, we both miss our girls is a bad way! They have been up in Argyle since Tuesday, so it's been a struggle not to have them near by.  I can't wait to see them again!! I have pictures of them plastered all over my room,  and we were able to skype with them last night, so that's helped a little. I can't wait until all this mess is over and we can just be our little/bigger family again :)

Will continue to keep you updated!

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Hang in there! You are doing so well, and couldn't be in a better place!!
Adam slept on that "love seat" for 3 weeks - plus it was December and apparently really freezing under the window (I didn't know, I had 2 internal heaters!!)
Sorry I missed our date last week - too much to do!! I'll pray for you (and your placenta)
Kristine

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)