Monday, July 30, 2012

he/she?

Some of these past couple of blog posts have been a little intense.  I thought I would throw a little comedic relief in here for a little bit of a break.  Lord knows, I am in need myself :)

Carl and I had to run to the mall yesterday to pick up a couple of necessities. We made it a very quick trip because we had to squeeze the trip in between Carter's feedings (more on that subject to come). Anyhoo, I had to make a pit stop at the restroom on the way out.  As most of you know, I still have my Foley catheter in because of my bladder repair during surgery, which also means that I have a leg bag (my life is so glamorous right now). So, "going to the bathroom" is quite different for me. I was happy to see that I walked into an unoccupied restroom, so I simple chose the first stall and proceeded to empty my bag.  While I was mid-pour, I heard the door open and some footsteps in. I thought, "oh great, I hope she doesn't look at my feet underneath the stall . . . " (visual - me standing up, feet pointed towards the toilet, me wearing a maxi dress . . . you get the picture?)

My curiosity was confirmed when the woman came out of the stall while I was washing my hands. She had a very inquisitive look on her face . . . . she was definitely playing "the gender game" in her head. I of course was horrified at first and almost just explained myself.  But then I thought, "no, just let her wonder, it's more fun that way". I had a strong urge to grab my crotch and try to "adjust" something that wasn't there, but I refrained for her sake :)

In other news, Carter continues to make progress.  He is into a big boy crib and is off of his heating lamps. Because he doesn't have the lamps anymore, the nurses have him dressed in a onesie, a sleeper, two blankets and a hat on to try to control his temperature.



He looks pretty cute all dressed up :) He continues to work on eating, but it's a slow process because babies of his gestation just get too tired when they try to eat like full term babies. So we will just continue to practice and let him get a little older and a little more awake.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)