Tuesday, January 25, 2011

that mom

I am sad to announce - - today I realized - - I am "that mom".

I am "that mom" who has a 12 year old with a cell phone. I once vowed not to get Jocie a cell phone until at least 8th grade. I thought it was unnecessary. But what do I get my 6th grader this year for Christmas . . . a cell phone. Not because I changed my mind and now think they are necessary . . . because they're not. Carl and I knew how BADLY she wanted one, so we got her one.

I am "that mom" who rolls her eyes when she sees young kids walking around (everywhere) plugged into an ipod. Now, I am "that mom" who has a 6th grade child with an IPOD TOUCH. Yes, an ipod Touch. To my defense, we did not buy this for her. We bought her an ipod nano (for her birthday). But she decided to return the ipod nano, get the money for it, pool together all of her other birthday money (except for an allotted amount that is going into her savings . . . I still have some dignity) and Target Gift Cards and bought an ipod Touch instead.

Yep, I am a poser. A mom that thought she was going to be a hard ass, and stick to what she thought was right. But, no. I caved. What's next? Designer jeans in Middle School? Highlights? A car on her 16th birthday? Stay-tuned.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)