Saturday, January 22, 2011

First

Happy, happy 12th birthday to my amazing, talented, beautiful, funny, hard working and kind-hearted first born!

It was 12 years ago today that my world changed forever. After a loooong and grueling labor, a small, pink-skinned, warm bodied, blue-eyed wonder came into my life. I was young, scared, unsure of myself, but above all, I was in love. In love with this little person that would make me into the person I am today . . . a mother.

You have done so many wonderful things for me. It was you who made me responsible. It was you who made me study until 4:00am on countless nights during college. It was you who pushed me to always try to do things better. I don't think I can ever repay you for all you have done for me, but I promise to try for the rest of my life.

I know being the first child isn't always fun. You have to be the one setting good examples for your younger sisters. You will probably have an earlier curfew than your sisters when they are your age (that's just how it seems to work, right Ali?!). You will probably always have more chores and more expectations on your plate simply because you are the oldest. But, look at the bright side. You get to do everything first, stay up later, will get a car first, AND although we love you girls all the same, you can always say that we have loved you the longest!

Happy Birthday, honey! We love you more than you will ever know.



Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay, Happy Birthday Jocie!!

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)