Monday, November 8, 2010

three sisters

Good things come in threes. The trend in my family is to have sisters in packs of three. I too, am one of three sisters. And in our pack, we hold all-too-common roles. Ali, the first sister, is Type A, driven, scheduled, money-smart, organized, and the protector. I, the middle sister, am a pleaser, easy-going, social, likes attention, a peacemaker, a strong negotiator, and a good advice-giver. Jessie, the youngest sister, has a sense of humor, a free-spirit, is well-liked, outgoing, competitive, and tends to be "babied" by the rest of our family (not because she wants it or needs it, but because we do it whether she likes it or not).



Ali, me, and Jessie

This past weekend was hunting weekend #1, so Carl was up in Argyle slaying the deer (three deer to be exact . . . sorry, Aunt Judy. It's just a way of life for him.) My middle sister, Ella, went with him to get some alone time with Grandma Judy and Aunt Dana. Being a middle sister myself, I know how hard it is to get one-on-one time.



Because I was down a couple of family members, I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to add a few more by inviting my beloved sisters, my niece Daysha and my nephew Myles (MJ) to come down for the weekend.



The mornings were filled with extended pajama time with many (many) cups of coffee for the sisters, hang-out time for Joc and Daysha, and play time for Claire and Myles. Claire had fun showing Myles her Sound and Lights Play Gym . . .




Serving Aunt Jessie some Tea from her singing (British) Tea Pot . . .



and also teaching MJ how to play with her Drop and Roar Dinosaur.


Claire and MJ even shared tubby-time together :)

(this pic will come back to haunt them . . . hahahahah!)


It was great being able to spend time with my sisters. With our busy schedules and distance apart, it hasn't been easy to do. We had a great time sipping warm mugs of coffee and cool glasses of wine, lunching, lounging, shopping, gabbing, Project Runway watching, laughing and talking. I hope to make this weekend an annual event!

One of the best parts of the weekend was having a photo shoot with Mr. Myles. He is so darn smiley, so stinken' cute, and has such a beautiful mommy, the photo opportunities are endless!
Here are some of my favorites:


Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket

I have said it before and I will keep saying it . . . I am blessed with a wonderful family! Whether we are going through personal hardships or sharing cocktails and crackin' jokes, I can always depend on you. I love you all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Jessie and Myles on the tracks is hands down my favorite photo. LOVE. Great Job Anne! You should start charging for this stuff!;)

Grandma T said...

You take awesome pics, Anne. If possible would love a copy of Myles with his hat on, on the tracks. Love the car harts. You have every right to be proud of a perfect family. Let me know what I need to do to get copy of pic. Thanks
Grandma T

Anne said...

Grandma T - are you T.J.'s mom? I am sorry, I am drawing a blank . . .

Grandma T said...

Yep Anne that's me. Sorry I should of put who I was. But I will blame it on being blond, old and way to many hours of work a week. (HAHA)

Anne said...

Well Hello! :) Sure thing, Grandma T - just click on the photo(s) that you want, and it will bring you to my photobucket page. Then you can right click on the photo and select "save as" and then you can save it to a zip drive, and print it off where ever you want (shutterfly, snap fish, walmart, etc.) Glad you liked the photos! If you have asny further questions, just let me know. Also, I am burning a CD for Jess - so she could always get you a copy too.
Take Care!

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)