Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful

"Okay, 1st graders. Please raise your hand if you would like to share with me what you are thankful for." I said in a teacher-like voice.
"I am thankful that all those Indians gave us all that land for free!!" said "Billy" . . .
I nodded and called on the next student as quickly as possible. I may have to talk to his teacher about their social studies conversations :)

Tis the season for being Thankful. I can't possibly list all the things I am thankful for, but I will try rattle off a short-list of some of the blessings in my life.

I am Thankful for:

Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
leggings that cover chubby little legs
the celebrities that made Uggs fashionable . . . Minnesota women gotta love "fashion" that keeps your feet cozy and warm :)
wine of all different genres
"Village" Hot Sauce
dinner and a movie
HGTV
Coke Zero
Friday night, Saturday and Sunday
Summer Vacation
www.etsy.com (by the way - Carl is not thankful for this)
Cinnamon rolls on Sunday mornings
Blue Moon on tap
Friends you can laugh and cry with
girly movie nights
shopping by myself
pizza and wings
Coffee . . . not just the drink but the action of "going to coffee" with friends or family
clean flannel sheets
the year we lived in Colorado - it was like a year long vacation
skating outdoors
how many sick days I am given every year - with sickies like mine, I need every last one :)
blankets stuffed with down feathers
my inversion table
I would usually say my camera, but it's been pissing me off lately - on the other hand, I am still very thankful for having it at all
a family who has taught me how to love unconditionally
3 daughters who have made my life . . . everything I ever wanted

2 comments:

Jenine said...

So many things to be THANKFUL for...one from my list...YOU! Thanks for always being an amazing friend!

Anne said...

ahhhhhh! Thanks Jenine. The feeling is mutual :)

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)