Wednesday, November 17, 2010

City vs. Country

If you were to ask me what type of girl I am, I would answer, "a small-town girl". If you were to ask Carl what type of girl I am, he would answer, "a city girl".

Carl grew up in Argyle, MN which has a population around 600 people. He enjoys riding horses, farming, riding snowmobiles, fishing, hunting, and anything outdoors. Clearly, he is a "Country Boy". I on the other hand, can not be labeled as easily. I grew up in East Grand Forks, MN which has a population of about 8,000 people. Most of the world would categorize E.G.F, as a small town. However, it is connected to Grand Forks, ND which has a population over 60,000 - which is (in my eyes) pretty sizable. Together, the two cities offer everything a person would need: various shopping opportunities, two public school systems, multiple private school options, a technical college, a University, a downtown full of history and character as well as many new modern developments and businesses.

The truth is, I fall somewhere in between city and country. I can appreciate both at the same time. I love the history, character, culture, fashion and hustle and bustle of an urban area. On the other hand, I also love the peacefulness, simplicity, tradition, wide open spaces, and laid back feeling of the country. I find beauty in both.

Urban Views:

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket




Country Views:

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

In my eyes, there is no clear winner. They are both beautiful in very different ways.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gosh I sure love your photography skills!

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)