Sunday, October 17, 2010

Friends

Good friends are hard to find. Dependable, caring, honest and reliable are not characteristics that are found around every corner.



When we moved to the Big Lake area 6 1/2 years ago, we were all alone. We were unsure of ourselves and of our new jobs, and with our families over 4 hours away, we really had no one to lean on or turn to. I started at Pinewood Elementary as 1 of over 60 teachers in the building. I felt a little lost in the crowd in such a big building. As I started networking, I stumbled across Jenine. She had grown up in the community and had been working at Pinewood for a few years. Once we found out that our children were the same age (at that time, we only had Joc and they only had Gabe), we hit it off immediately.



Over the years, Jenine and I have seen each other through a lot. We have shared endearing stories of our children. We vented and grunted our way through a Masters program. We have laughed. Cried. Cared. Shared. Danced. Hell, we even did a garage sale together! I have watched her children grow and develop into awesome kids and I am so proud to call her my friend!



Jenine and her wonderful husband, Jerry, offered to watch our kids on Saturday night so Carl and I could have a date night. So before we took off, I snagged some photos of her gorgeous family. I can't tell you how much fun I had! Here are a few of my favorites.


The Whole Fam - Jenine, Gabe, Jerry & Mette

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


Oh, did I mention that Mette has a little sas in her? Love it!

Photobucket


And did I also mention that Mette and Ella are best friends . . . they don't take that term lightly!

Photobucket



Photobucket
Three words: Cute. Freakin. Kids.
Photobucket
Mette and her Mama

Photobucket


and of course with her Daddy, too

Photobucket




This girl is headed for the big screen, and she is ready for her close-up.

Photobucket



Photobucket
Thanks you guys, you being . . . you!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)