Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Did I ever tell you . . .

Did I ever tell you how much I love Fall? I can't get enough of the warm colored leaves coupled with the cool breeze that blows through them. I especially love the giant Maple tree in our front yard that turns from from green, to yellow, to a brilliant red before the leaves rain down to our lawn.

Photobucket


This next shot is taken at the trunk looking up the same Maple tree

Photobucket





fall berries




Then the beauty turns into fun when the girls get to run into big crunchy piles with full force. There isn't enough leaves on the ground quite yet, but we know the day will come when we get to declare leaf wars and have jumping contests.


Photobucket



Photobucket



I also love the food that comes with the change of the seasons. From cold sandwiches, fresh fruit, and salads - to Minnesota "Hot Dishes", meals from a crock pot and warm apple crisp. I have been slacking in the "baking" department, but I vow to bake with my girls this weekend!


Fall also brings my favorite fashions, which consist of chunky knit sweaters (great for hiding the couple of extra pounds put on by Fall eating) and cute jeans. I also trade in my flip flops for boots made of leather - painted toe nails and freshly filed heels no longer necessary :) It is a time where you can get out and enjoy the cool weather without having to worry about the enormous amount of clothing one has to wear in the coming months - no hats, or mittens, or scarves, or snow boots, or face masks, or long-johns, or snow pants or down coats to pile on - just you, only less layered.


Yes my friends, Fall is almost perfect. The weather, the colors, the activities, the food, the fashion - what more could one season offer? The only thing that screws up it's perfectness is . . . school . . . just kidding (kind-of).

Cheers to Fall and all it has to offer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like someone is getting quite talented with photoshopping!

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)