Friday, May 14, 2010

Black Thumb

I have never said I have any talent in gardening. In fact, I pretty much kill anything in a plant/flower-like form. I always over-water, under-water, put the plant in too much sun, or too much shade . . . I just do not have any ability in this area.

I have reached a new low . . . even for myself. When Ella was Claire's age, I planted two packages of Tulip bulbs in our yard. One package in the front landscaping, and one package in our "flower garden" (I use this term very loosely). The first year, I was pretty happy. I had many Tulips bloom, and my confidence skyrocketed. As the years have gone by, I have seen less and less blooms every Spring. This year has been almost comical. This is what I got . . .

One sticken bloom. One. Out of all of those Tulip bases (see I don't even know what to call them), I get one that sprouted any sort of petal! The funniest part might be that after receiving this lone flower, two days later we enter into a Minnesota spring cold-snap and the whole freakin' flower head fell off pathetically to the side of the flower. How sad.

Let's hope I grow kids better than I grow Tulips!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)