Tuesday, January 29, 2013

birthday girl & 1/2 birthday boy

I have a fourteen year old!! And, and six month old!! (and a few others in between)  Is it uncommon? Yes. But I wouldn't have it any other way.



We celebrated Jocie's 14th birthday with a family meal at our house consisting of a Taco Bar (and a Ceaser Bar for the adults) and all the fixings that apply. We were happy Grandma and Grandpa Adolphson, Dana and Ryan, and Nanny (my mom) and Denny were able to join us! We topped our meal off with delicious cake pops which were shaped like little basketballs.


The basketballs were a tip as to what she was getting for her birthday . . . Timberwolves tickets for that night, followed by Gopher Men basketball tickets for a future date! She was pretty pumped! :)

I have said it before, and I will say it again . . . . it's hard for me (and others) to believe that Jocie is already fourteen. It slips by so very quickly. Who knew the sassy toddler who cried every time anyone "laughed at her" would turn into such a smart, self-driven, self-confident, good natured, beautiful, and all around awesome teenager?! The act of her getting older should make me feel old as well, however, Jocie continues to make me feel young whenever we are together. Of course, I am first and foremost her mother . . . the one who tells her "no", makes her do the dishes and babysit her siblings when needed. But, we also have this awesome type of mother-daughter "friendship" where we laugh, make jokes, and share things just like friends would, and that to me, is priceless.

The day we celebrated Jocie's birthday was the day Carter turned 6 months old. I can't believe in half a year from now, he will be the one eating cake!



Carter's 6 month stats
 
Weight: pushing 20 pounds (will get his actual weight tomorrow at his appt)
Clothing Size: 6-9mo, and 9 month
Diaper size: 3
Number of Teeth: 1
 
LOVES: To smile!! Yes, that's right! His colic is over and he is a HAPPY little boy! He also loves, his toys, reading books, warm baths, being sang to, nursing, his exer-saucer, playing peek-a-boo, eating bananas, sweet potatoes and cereal, and pretty much life in general.
 
HATES: long car rides and drinking from a bottle
 
 
This past weekend, I was able to take his 6 month photos at my friend Nicole's house (Thanks!!!). Here are just a few of the photos. If you would like to see them all, please head over to our website (CLICK HERE) and click on "Carter" under "client gallery" (password - "adolphson") Family members - please let me know which one(s) you would like and in which size.
 


 
(Carter's totally going to make sports page "headlines" someday!)

 
As far as Jocie's 14 year old session . . . she can't stand when I take her photos lately. So as a birthday present, I didn't drag her out in the cold to do so.  However, I will be taking her out this summer when I take the younger girls for their session :)
 
Life is flying by! I am trying to soak up every minute I can!
 
 
 

 


No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)