Thursday, January 3, 2013

the grind

I have so much to post about! So many Christmas things have happened and I have had 0 time to work on the blog. I hope to tackle it some time soon, but life has been crazier than usual as of late.

I went back to work yesterday, and to be completely honest . . . my heart is broken. It's not that I don't like my job, but I love my kids way, way more. It's very hard . . . . and there's no (real) way to put a positive spin on it. To compound the problem, Carter refused to eat at daycare. If you have seen photos of Carter, you know he likes to eat. And yesterday, my daycare provider tried over 30 times to feed him from a bottle with no luck. Being the creative person she is, she resorted to using an eye dropper to get some milk into him . . . after a looooong time, she finally got 2 oz down . . . needless to say, it was a trying day for the both of us. Because of this, he basically ate all evening and all night, so I hardly got a wink of sleep.

And BONUS, I realized last night that I only fit into two pair of work pants.  I am too fat for any of the others . . . which is hard to grasp because I wear active wear to work (a fancier version of sweat pants) . . . riddle me that! Reality has a funny way of kicking you when your down.

I will try hard to get some photos up from Christmas soon! It might brighten my spirits to look back on happier times. :/

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)