Monday, February 4, 2013

pros and cons

Being back to work isn't all bad (see what I'm doing there....trying to talk myself into it.) I wanted to share some of my favorite (and not so favorite) work related moments.

Pros:::
1. "Mrs. A, you're back! I missed you every day you were gone." - 1st grade student
2. "It's so great to see your smiling face back in the building" - coworker
3. "You are so beautiful" - Kindergartner and new favorite student
4. (being yelled through the hallway) "Did you see Mrs. A?!? She's back! She's back!!" - 3rd grade student

With everything good, must come the bad . . .

Cons:::
1. "Mrs. A, is that you in this picture? (referring to my school photo badge) You look waaaaaaay younger in this picture than you do now" - - this photo was taken only last year... - 2nd grade student (my new least favorite student)
2. Being judged for being a working mother - "I just don't know how you working mothers do it. I didn't go back to work until all my babies were in school.  I just didn't have the heart to leave them with someone else all day long!" - . . . . seriously?!?
3. Having a student wet their pants during class, not tell me about it, proceed to play until I see the puddle . . . then noticed all the tracks from the kids running through it . . . gross.

Oh the joys of working outside the home. At least I get to come home to this:




Happy Monday Everyone!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)