Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Know any good shrinks?

I swear my kids are going to send me into therapy! And not because they drive my crazy ( . . . well that's not the only reason), but because they are super hard on me.

Example 1.

Ella - "Mom, how far along is Dana?"
Me - "She's about 18 weeks or so."
Ella - "So does she look more pregnant than you? Or do you look more pregnant than her?"
Me - "Ella, I'm not pregnant anymore."
Ella - "I know."

Example 2.

Claire - "Mommy! Your tummy looks little today!"
Me - "Er...thanks, Claire."
Claire - "Oh . . . never mind."

Example 3.

Jocie - "Mom, can I borrow these jeans?"
Me - "Yes, but you have to put them right back into my closet tonight."
Jocie - "Why?"
Me - "Because they are my favorite jeans, and once I can fit back into them, I want to be able to find them."
Jocie - "If you don't loose the weight, can I just have them?"


Seriously! Do I really look that big? (don't answer that)

Other than being emotionally abused by my children (Carl's being great about it . . . says he likes me "bigger" . . . ), life is going on as usual.  Jocie and Ella are busy with school and volleyball, and Claire, Carter and I continue to hang out at home. We've had some gorgeous fall weather!

 Carter's finally to the age where he can (kinda) sit in the swing
 
 
 




Maybe I should strat drinking more. It won't help the extra pounds come off, but at least it would numb my pain :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)