Wednesday, August 10, 2011

pic-i-nic

We have been incredibly busy. I know I sound like a broken record, but it is so true. You would think two teachers would have all the time in the world during the summer (at least that's what I always envision for us), but it couldn't be farther from the truth! Carl and I were talking about it the other night, wondering why this is the case . . . that is when we realized that between the two of us, we have 6 jobs. That's right. S-I-X. Not that I am complaining, because we do it to ourselves but here is our job list:

Carl:
1. Teacher
2. Coach (Football and Girls Basketball)
3. Driver's Training Instructor
4. Weight Room Coach/Supervisor

Anne:
5. Teacher
6. Photog
7. Professional Drinker (okay, this is more of a hobby, but Carl insists I should get paid for it since I am so good at it)

Why do we do this to ourselves you may ask? We need to.

Because of all of this crazy, we decided to take a little break and meet Carl on his lunch break to have a picnic in the park. This is something that I always think we will do more of, but I never seem to remember how much fun it is to simply pack up your lunch and enjoy it on a blanket outside.

Photobucket


Photobucket
(even Mario joined us!)


Photobucket



There was nothing glamorous about our picnic lunch. In fact, we had a straight-up, white-trash menu (peanut butter and jelly on hot dog buns, Doritos, Pringles, peaches, assorted beverages and cupcakes for desert. Because, we all know, when talking about picnics, the fun is never in the menu! :)

Photobucket
(Ella piped up out of no where and said, "this looks like a butt")


Photobucket
(the only bad part of the picnic was when the Port-A-Potty people came and empied the Pot nearby . . . everyone left the park except for us!)





Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





Photobucket



We ate. We laughed. We played. And it was exactly what we needed.

Jocie and I are off to Montana tomorrow morning for my cousin Heidi's Wedding. It should be a blast!




No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)