Friday, August 20, 2010

Savvy

Okay. This maybe the lamest post ever, but I have to share my latest triumph.

One of my most hated Mommy Chores is grocery shopping. I can't stand it. I usually have all three girls with me who hate grocery shopping as much as I do, so it's always a fantastic experience. Maybe the worst part about it is when I go up to the register to check out and am blown away by how much food costs! Not Okay.

So just a few days ago, I got the "Penny Pincher" coupon book in the mail. I sat down and cut out every single coupon in that book and made it my mission to use them all. So, I packed up the littles and headed to Coborns. The girls were delighted to sit in the "car" cart, which kept them occupied throughout our entire trip. The M&M cookie and Pop Tart samples helped too. :)

I bought only the items that I had coupons for (except for toilet paper . . . it was just a necessity). I "maxed out" on everything I could. For example, I could get a bag of frozen chicken breasts for $3.28, and the limit you could buy was two . . . so I bought two. I marched up to the register and waited for my total. $80.38. BUT WAIT, Ms. check-out girl! I have a huge stack of coupons for you!

I watched in amazement as she scanned each one of my little paper miracles. My total plummeted down to $51.77. That is a $28.61 savings, which tabulates out to a savings of 36%.

I walked out of that store with my nose in the air, confident in all of my purchases.

Take that, Mr. Coborns! You owe me for all those times I walked out of your store dumb-founded by how much I spent and how little a bought.

Today, I owned that store.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is what you get for shopping at Coborns. Way over-priced! Hello Target brand!!....I love you Archer Farms and Market Pantry!

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)