Monday, August 30, 2010

The Good List

I was in denial, but I knew it was coming. Today is Monday, August 30th. My first day of teacher in-service. I am not going to lie and say that today was easy for me. It is going to be a challenging transition for us all.

Instead of filling this post with all the things I will miss (terribly) about summer, like rocking Claire before her nap, playing outside, going for bike rides whenever we want, and not setting an alarm clock (okay...I just had to mention a few), I want to list the things that are GOOD about this change.

1. I get to see all my school friends on a daily basis (except for Nicole, who is staying home for a few extra months with her darling Hannah).

2. I get to start all over with a FRESH new year. I love coming up with a bunch of new ideas to incorporate into my class.

3. Every morning when I'm at school, I am greeted in the hallway by a lot of smiling faces, and just as many "Good Morning"s.

4. I get to have Ella at Pinewood!

5. I get to drink HOT coffee in the morning before class begins. Whenever I am at home, I get interrupted constantly.

6. I get to teach cute, cheeky, elementary kids who (usually) love my class.

7. I get to wear "active wear" as my professional wear.

8. I get a quiet 50 minutes after lunch, because that is when I have my prep time.

9. I get to work with a staff who is really passionate about what they do.

10. I have the comfort of knowing that next June, I will get to enjoy another summer with my girls.

Here is to a fun and successful school year.
Cheers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You shouldn't really miss taking care of an infant all day long. Afterall in reality, you just swapped Claire for Dietel....

Anne said...

Sooooooo very true! But Dietel's whining is way more annoying, and he's not as cute :)

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)