Tuesday, July 27, 2010

This glass is half full, baby!

This is the last week of July. August starts next week. Cue the dramatic music and melodramatic actress.

All us teachers have been guilty of eternal-negativity when the 1st of August rolls around. Play-time is over. School shopping begins. Teacher In-Service and Open House is right around the corner.

But this summer have I vowed to be positive. After all, school doesn't begin until September. That means, I still have around 35 days left of my summer. Sure it might be a little busy when we start getting the girls ready for the school year, but I am still not AT WORK! Which means, I still have a whole MONTH left of:

limited alarm setting
drinking coffee in my PJ's
playing out on our playground with the littles for hours on end
staying up late with a glass of wine - just because I can
going to the beach whenever I want
4 more sessions of Play Group
bike rides around the lake
being able to do what I want, when I want (for the most part)
The list goes on and on. Not many professionals get 3 whole months off (in a row) every single year. I will NOT waste 1/3 of it feeling sorry for myself that it is "almost over".
No Sir.
Not me.
Now if you will excuse me, I have some LIFE to live!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

35 days?!.....The last time I counted I have 4 months and 7 days left of my "summer vacation!"

...okay, this comment is just plain mean. :)

Anne said...

you just spiked my half-full glass of joy with pure evil.

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)