Monday, May 18, 2009

Tiny Dancer

Yesterday, Ella had her very first dance recital. This was a new experience for us all. We got ready by getting Ella's hair curled and pulled back in a half pony tail (direct order from her coach).

(Mette Severson and Ella)
When we got to the High School, and into the dressing room, I got another reality check. It was like walking into a warp-zone! Little girls everywhere, surrounded by stage moms, curling hair, adding hair extensions, applying make-up (not just blush and lip gloss...we're talking eye liner, mascara, eye shadow, bright lip stick, rhinestones around their eyes...yeah...), spraying on body glitter, gluing on fake eyelashes!!!! AAAHHHH!! I felt like I was walking into the TV show "Toddlers and Tierras"!! Jenine Severson and I looked at each other with sheer horror in our eyes...we were in over our heads. But we got it all together and helped our make-up free daughter's into their costumes. Needless to say, I will never be a stage mom!

Ella performed very well! She seemed to really enjoy herself on stage (shocker!). All-in-all it was a fun day for everyone. This is the video from Ella's ballet number...needless to say, there was a few tears shed...



Ella can't wait until her next performance! :)

4 comments:

Beth said...

That was a cute video - Ella did such a great job!

Kristine said...

I was very shocked to read that Ella loves the stage! :) She is very graceful for such a little girl - too cute!!

Unknown said...

ADORABLE. Those two girls could get in a lot of trouble over the years- they are just too darn cute! Thank you for video-taping, made my day! Good job Ella!

Nancy Blackmun said...

I'm sad I missed Ella's performance last weekend -- I vow to be at the next one - the pictures of her are darling -- can you imagine how she'd have looked with fake lashes and a boufant hairdoo -- good for you, honey, for not going there! Love, Mom

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)