Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Some Progress

I had my 36 week check-up yesterday (I am now going in once a week). The Doctor said that the baby is still very low (and won't be traveling north), am dilated to 1 cm. and that my cervix is "thinned out". When she checked me, she said that she actually touched the baby's head!! (sorry to some of you fellas who just got extremely grossed out!). So she said I was making good progress. With this being my third baby, she said things might progress fairly quickly, but also could not. The nice thing, is that I KNOW the baby will be born on or before April 27th, so it's nice to have a "finish line" to look at :) She instructed me to call if I have 4-6 contractions an hour for two consecutive hours. Since I have to do a C-section, they don't want me to labor very much before surgery.

Wish me luck! On Easter (37 weeks) I will be considered "full term"!

PS - Heart Rate was 140

3 comments:

amie giersdorf said...

Yeah!!!! I'm on pins and needles for you!! I think I'm more excited to find out what this baby is than you guys...ok, well, maybe not MORE but pretty darn close! We can't wait to meet him/her!
Good luck, Adolphson's!! Keep us posted! We love and miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Someone has touched your baby!...I cannot wait to meet your new baby....girl?!?! You're on the home-stretch!

Unknown said...

I think you need to update this thing! :)

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)