Sunday, April 19, 2009

1 week old

This week has been a whirl-wind...but in a very good way. Wednesday, we were able to come home from the hospital. Grandma Judy had been staying with the girls all week, so I came home to an impeccably clean house with dinner already in the oven :)

To be honest, when we got home, I didn't really know what to do with myself. Claire slept all the time, and the girls seemed to be carrying on as usual...and I wasn't! I felt a little awkward in my own home, which had never happened before. But I think that feeling was apart of some of the "baby-blues" I was going through. I'm happy to say that I have been feeling a little better (mentally and physically) every day.

Claire has been adjusting well too. Right away, she was always too tired to eat. She would nurse for about five minutes, and then fall asleep. Because of that, I would have to pump (always a fun experience) and then supplement her when she finally woke up. Because of all of the pumping, I think I have enough milk to feed twins...hence,I look a little Dolly-esk, if you know what I mean (wink, wink) As she gets a little older, she is staying awake a little longer, and is getting into a better feeding schedule.

Jocelyn and Ella couldn't be any better at being big sisters. Jocie is the caring, layed back sister, that wants to cuddle. Ella is the busy sister, that has to be involved in everything. When Claire is getting a diaper change, it is Ella's job to get the wipes ready. When it's time for Claire to eat, it's Ella's job to get the "boppy" ready for me. Anytime I need anything for Claire, Ella and Jocie are my go-to girls :)

Carl has been a rock-star dad and husband. He has not only been a very loving dad to all three of his girls, but he has also been extremely caring and understanding when I'm going through some of my crazy new mom stuff. I don't know if I've ever loved him more than I do right now (ahhhhhhhh).

Clarie, being only a week old, mainly eats, sleeps and poops (a lot). But when she is awake, she loves to do "tummy time" and suck on any finger or thumb she can get into her mouth :) So far, she has been very content, and only seems to cry when she's hungry (KNOCK ON WOOD..I don't want to jinx myself).

All-in-all we are a very happy and healthy Adolohson family of five :)

3 comments:

Kristine said...

She is so adorable!! I was thinking about you a lot last week, and thinking that maybe the saint wanted you to go to confession because you had Claire on Easter!?! How crazy is THAT voodoo?? :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE the pictures. You look fantastic (not that that is surprising at all!) Your family seems full of love, I cannot wait to watch Claire grow. See you soon!

Unknown said...

Is it crazy how much bigger and older Ella seems next to Claire?!

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)