Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Germ-a-phobe!

OK....so having a new baby in the house brings on new concerns. One of these concerns is germs. I come by this naturally due to my past experiences with infants....if you weren't aware...both Jocie and Ella were hospitalized at 4 weeks and 6 weeks with RSV. A baby can catch RSV just like a cold. It affects their respiratory system and lowers there blood/oxygen saturation's. This, of course, scares the crap out of any parent! I am bound and determined not to land our newest addition in the hospital with the same thing!

Enter newest concern...THE SWINE FLU!!!! I know this is not too widespread, and it would be extremely unlikely that she (or Jocie, Ella, or Carl) would contract this virus....but to a brand new mother with MAJOR hormones flying around...this is starting to worry me! So much in fact that I will not take her to the grocery store (even though we are in dyer need of food).

Because of my mental state, I have made my family crazy with all the hand washing I have made them do. I am making Ella sing the ABC song while she is washing, so I know she is washing long enough. I'm pretty sure Jocie is missing a layer of skin due to all the washing that I am making her do. Just thinking about Jocie in the germ-infested school all day, and then coming home, makes me cringe!

I know I need to relax...but it's really hard :)Too bad I can't take a tranquilizer!
Speaking of washing...Claire had her first real bath this past weekend...she wasn't a huge fan of the tub!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can see little Ella's hand helping bathe Claire!

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)