Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Lake

Last weekend, we packed up, and headed up to Maple Lake to spend time with my mom (Nanny), Ali and Daysha. We hadn't been able to be at the lake since October, so we were REALLY looking forward it going.

Saturday was filled with fun, fishing, and family. My Aunt Judy from Texas joined us at the lake. She is always a hoot to be around! I was so excited to be able to spend some time with her in such a relaxed atmosphere, where we could just talk and hang out. Carl spent his day out on the ice fishing. Although he didn't have much luck (only caught three bullheads all day long!), he still had a great time just enjoying the northern outdoors. Carl's parents also joined us! They enjoyed sledding and skating (after Grandpa Dwaine shoveled off a HUGE rink for the girls on the lake). The girls always have such a great time with all those grandparents around to spoil them :) We were also lucky enough to have my cousin's Heidi and Heather come and visit from Montana. Because they live so far away and are extremely busy with their graduate programs, we don't get to see them very often. So it was great to be able to hang out and play games all night.

We always have such a great time at the lake. I often refer to it as my "happy place". I was pretty sad to leave on Sunday, but we will be back during our spring break week!!

1 comment:

jooty booty said...

you Adolfson's R 2 perfect 4 words; Annie's ambitious, adorable & authentic, the girls are charming, precocious yet courteous & when I grow up I want a boyfriend just like Carl!! Yall totally rock!

Judy Booty

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)