Wednesday, June 6, 2012

we have only just begun

Well, Summer is well on it's way.  Even though it is technically only the 3rd day of summer, we have fallen into our new routines quite nicely and it feels like an old hat (...maybe because I haven't worked since Valentine's Day...).

The ol family truckster has been getting a work out lately.  Between 3 different basketball camps (two for Joc and one for Ella), and swimming lessons for both Ella and Claire, we have been running back and forth to Monticello at least 4 times a day.  Thankfully, I had help on Tuesday and will have help again tomorrow from my friend Jenine (THANKS!!), and also will be getting help from my sister-in-law Dana all of next week (THANKS!!), the trips back and forth will be tolerable. But what I LOVE the most about summer is all the free time in between.  We get to sleep in, we are more relaxed with bedtimes (it's nice not to be such a frantic, frustrated lunatic when putting the little girls to sleep), and basically get to do what ever we please. Have lunch outside? why not. Delay Claire's rest time because she and Ella are playing really well? Sure. Take off your pants in the front yard and just continue playing? ... Well, maybe that's just Claire. (Seriously cannot keep pants on that girl...I REALLY hope she grows out of this "stage"!)

In between all of the mini-van running, the girls and I have spent most of our time outside due to the fantastic weather we have been getting. Here are just a couple of the activities we have been busying ourselves with.

Photobucket
showing off new tricks on bikes, trikes, and scooters in the drive way



Photobucket
...Claire is really original :)


Photobucket
Chalk art by the infamous Jocelyn F. Adolphson



Photobucket
getting carried away by summer! (sorry...that was a really bad pun)

As the girls have been active with all these fun activities, I however, have been watching them from our glorious Cabelas reclining lawn chair. Seriously, the best. chair. ever. It will be really nice to be able to partake in some of these fun things in the late summer/early fall, but for now, I will just be observing. Tomorrow I have two different baby appointments. I sure hope I come back with good news to report. Every time Carl and I have walked out of the Perinatologist's office, we walk out in a complete fog, with the first words that we utter to each other being, "so...what just happened?". I am hoping that tomorrow, I will get a little less "stunning" news.

Please keep all the prayers coming, people! We are so thankful for them :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)