Wednesday, June 13, 2012

barefoot

I completely get the whole "barefoot and pregnant" cliche.  When I think of that saying, I envision a robust young woman wearing a long flowing dress that highlights her amazing pregnancy rack and drapes over her swollen bump. She's waddling her way through a field of flowers barefoot, about ready to give birth at any moment. That's totally me right now . . . minus the field of flowers ( . . . and my rack isn't all that amazing, but it's much better than usual).

If you saw me, you would notice that I wear a lot of dresses lately.  That isn't by choice.  It's because I don't fit into much of anything else. True, I have a couple pair of jeans that still fit, but when it's 90 degrees and humid, jeans just don't work.  And there is no way anyone could get me into any clothes that bare my frightful legs. Gross. So, moo-moos are the best option.  Not only do they keep me cool, but they are super comfortable. I totally get why all my fellow fatties wear moo-moos . . . because they're freakin' fabulous.

I also haven't worn real shoes since before May. When I do wear shoes (which isn't often, because I really have no reason to, since I am in my house or my yard 95% of the time) I choose to wear flip flops. They just slide on, without any need to bend, and allow plenty of room for my bloated tootsies that are around 150 degrees all. the. time.

I am happy to announce that I am one day away from being 29 weeks! My last appointment went very well and there seems to be "no real change" in my condition. So as my dad would say, we are in a holding pattern, which in my case is really good. I am unhappy to announce that I am one day and one week away from moving down to the "apartment" in Minneapolis which I am really not looking forward to.  I am actually still in denial about the whole thing, which is kind of a nice place to be.  Then I don't have to really think about it.  Ignorance is bliss :)

Thanks for all your continued prayers. I know they are all being heard!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)