Tuesday, February 28, 2012

okay . . .

So . . . lots to share . . . let's start here.


Photobucket



Um, yeah. I'm pregnant! With my 4th child! And it was quite a surprise! But we are very excited! However, it's been quite a roller coaster ride since we have found out.


Initial reaction = shock!

After we finally believed the news = excitement!

At 6 weeks, I experienced some spotting, so I went into the clinic for an ultrasound and found out that the baby looked good, but they were seeing a "irregular and elongated gestational sack" (higher risk of miscarriage) = worry!

At 7 weeks, I had a follow-up ultrasound and found out the "condition" had fixed itself, and baby was doing great! = relieved and excited!

At 12 weeks, I had a massive hemorrhage at school, and was sure I was having a miscarriage. Went to the E.R. and after a few tests, was elated to see our baby on the ultrasound screen happy and healthy!! Jumping all over the place with a heart rate of 155! = terrified, then amazed and thankful!

However, due to the loss of blood in the first trimester, I was still at a high risk of miscarriage = worry!

A follow-up appointment with my OB doc, landed me on bed rest for a week due to my continued bleeding. My doc thinks I may have Placenta Previa or Placenta Accreta. Previa is quite common and can fix itself (YAY), but Accreta is more serious and could bring hospitalized long term bed rest, early delivery, and a possible hysterectomy at the time of birth (BOO!)

At this time, I am no longer on restricted bed rest, however I still have to be very careful and rest a bunch. My doc won't let me return to work because I am still spotting, so for right now, I am just waiting . . . trying to be patient and understand that I have no control over this situation, and just to take things one day at a time . . . easier said than done. :)


Throughout this little situation, I have been amazed by how wonderful my family and friends are! I am truly blessed in many different ways! :)

I will try to keep you updated as things pan out, as for now, all we can do is pray.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)